To update a existing MaxBack VSS Writer installation please follow the following procedure:
- Download the latest patch from the maxback.io Website. See here for a list of versions.
- Copy the installer executeable to the target system or a network drive.
- Logon to the target system
- Install the update package.
- Execute the command maxback.vssclient read in a elevated prompt to check if configuration and license are valid. Update license if necessary.
- Make sure that the MaxBack VSS Service is running again. If it is not running please review the log files as documented in the troubleshooting guide.