We are extremely excited to announce the next major version of MaxBack VSS Writer.
What’s changed in the VSS Writer 3.0
- Session logging and LogViewer
We have improved the session operation logging process to give our users a more detailed explaination what is going on during a backup or a restore. Additionally we have create a Log Viewer GUI application to display running sessions and a history of backup and restore sessions.
- Improved Autorecovery
The automatic recovery of VMs or after a bare metal restore will now automatically reset the log volumes if required. The autorecovery command for system copies will also make sure that the restore can be started and opens the log viewer with the started restore session.
- Internal Quality improvements
The entire Software has been reviewed and a lot of over-complicated and error prone code has been eleminated during this process.
- Automatic license activation
Only one license file per customer is now required for licensing. The VSS Writer instances automatically obtain an activation license from the Internet during setup. For systems without Internet connection, the previous offline request for licenses is still supported.
- Support for Windows Server 2019
The VSS Writer is now officially tested and released for Windows Server 2019.
- Included Bugfixes
All bugs fixed in VSS Writer 2.2.3 are also fixed in the 3.0 release
- Fallback to JDBC driver is no longer supported. Every configuration entries referencing a explicit MaxDB Installation directory have to be removed before upgrade to version 3.x or higher. We adivse to conntact support before upgrading to 3.x if you are still using explicit installation directories within VSS Writer.
- If you have automated the autorecovery you should add the flag -batch to the autorecovery command. This will prevend that the command starts the log viewer applications at the end.
Update Guides: Updating the VSS Writer, Documentation
Bitte melden Sie sich an, um einen Kommentar zu hinterlassen.